Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hittin' the Hooch

Tonight I am going to party like it's the day I found out I am NOT pregnant and therefore do not have to abstain from wonderfully evil substances like wine.  That's right.  A WHOLE bottle of Mommy's Time Out is calling my name and I plan to answer. 

Yes, we are trying to have our second child.  And not being pregnant isn't really a reason to celebrate.  Except...I am really and truly happy to be able to drink through Thanksgiving.  I mean really...I am GOING TO NEED IT.  I think I will just pack a red ice chest filled with little mini wine bottles (I LOVE how adorable those are) and cart them to the family events.  My uncle did this when I was growing up (filled with Miller Light, not amazingly cute mini wine bottles) and it seemed to serve him well.  Us too since he usually gave my brother and me $50.  I loved Uncle David.

There is the option of skipping the house hopping and cooking dinner myself.  This is definately what I prefer.  Now that we have sidekick Tiny Pigweed, holidays are so much more fun.  I can imagine him and SuperDad tussling with the wishbone.  I would love for Pops, Noni & Aunt Shelby to be there cheering Tiny Pigweed on.   ahhhhh....domestic bliss.  WAIT...who does the cleaning up in this scenario?

So, CHEERS to one more month of hooch and here's hoping the next couple of weeks gives Team Pigweed even more to be thankful for.

PS....WHY does Tiny Pigweed immediately wake and start bawling anytime our bedroom door squeaks indicating parentals might be on the move....but when Scout (his trusty singing dog pal) goes off (lights, sounds and all) right next to his head, he doesn't even twitch?  Baby humans can be so perplexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment